Course Description: The aim of this course is to assist instructors to develop competencies to effectively teach basic skills and understanding of the ocean environment to beginner surfers. The course covers all aspects of surf education including surf safety, surfing & coaching techniques along with group management. Upon completion trainees go on to work as professional surf coaches, introducing beginners to the sport of surfing thru recognized schools worldwide.
Prerequisites: 16+ years of age, competent surfer, First Aid/ CPR certified (can be completed after course is done), Lifeguard certification recommended. There will be a surf skill evaluation as part of the course.
Subjects Covered :
- 2 Day ISA Level 1 Course Instruction including 1 day in water
- ISA Level 1 Course Manual, worksheets and exam fees
- ISA Level 1 Coaching Certificate and Membership (upon completing course requirements)
- ISA Surf Instructor Online Listing
- Morning coffee, Lunch, snacks and drinks