Surfing GB & the International Surf Association launch pioneering new dual Surf School Accreditation Program
Surfing GB (SGB), the National Governing Body designate for the sport of Surfing in Great Britain, and the International Surfing Association (ISA), the World Governing Authority for Surfing, Stand-up Paddle, and all other wave riding activities, are proud to unveil a pioneering product and service on offer to Surf Schools in the UK – the new dual-branded 2015 SGB & ISA Surf School Accreditation Program.
The dual-branded accreditation will be the first of its kind worldwide and is initially only being introduced to British Surf Schools as part of a pilot program for the first half of 2015 with a view for an international roll-out mid-year.
The launch of this accreditation program will create a national and international network of accredited Surf Schools, all of whom meet the demanding standards of quality and safety needed by such a popular sport.
This new accreditation program will build upon the strengths of the two organisations’ existing accreditation programs and for the first year will be available, at no additional cost to Surf Schools who register with Surfing GB for 2015.
As ISA President Fernando Aguerre states, “The ISA’s mission is to develop Surfing globally, and creating a strong network of surf schools is fundamental for the sport’s growth. We are excited to offer a dual ISA and Surfing Great Britain Surf School Accreditation Program to surf schools that are meeting internationally recognised standards for safety and quality. This will further help develop surfing in the country and help establish an international network of ‘Best Practice’ Surf Schools across the globe.”
The principal functions of Surfing GB are: to provide membership services to individual surfers, surf clubs and Surf Schools and to provide structure and guidelines to ensure that Surfing is being practiced in a safe and fun environment and for everyone to enjoy.
“We strive to enhance our service to Surf Schools and develop the Surf School industry in the UK and we see this as a ground-breaking step forward and one which we believe will see more Surf Schools engage with its designated National Governing Body” says Kevin Cook, SGB’s Surf School inspector.
Surfing GB & the International Surfing Association look forward to working with and supporting British Surf Schools in 2015.
SGB’s Surf School Accreditation program costs £300 and provides annual accreditation (Jan-Dec) and already includes a whole host of benefits such as:
- Accreditation recognised by Beach operators and Local Authorities across the UK.
- Online registration on a National register of accredited Surf Schools
- Inclusion in advertising and marketing through the SGB website and social networks.
- Online management through SGB’s new Member Information System (MIS)
- Annual visits, inspections and support from an SGB representative
- The right to operate The SGB Junior Surfer Scheme
- Listing as a ‘financial cutback’ nominee so members can give you 25% of their fee
The new additions to the program will include:
– SGB & ISA Dual Branded Registered Surf School certificate
– Dual branded website button & side bar adverts
– The right to use specified SGB & ISA Registered Surf school Logos within promotion of their surf school
– Listing on the ISA International Surf School Register appearing on the site
– Surf School Profile on the ISA Website
– ISA Accredited Surf School Certification
– Inclusion on the ISA World Surfing Map
– Awards for “Surf School of the Month” with promotion in ISA Media/Website
– Access to the ISA Master Coaching Database of thousands of ISA Accredited Coaches
– Inclusion in the ISA Development Programs Newsletter with Educational Programs Content, a variety of development tips and tools, user content, and sustainability information
– Access to the ISA Industry Discount Network for discounts with participating surf industry partners
– Participation in an international network of like-minded Surf Schools that can lobby together, advise one another, and improve the professionalism and quality of the Surf School industry
Surfing GB have also just secured a new insurance option for Surf Schools, that sees their new provider guarantee a 10% discount and interest free payment options upon any Surf Schools business insurance renewal when they switch to our new provider, who will match any policy’s contents. The insurance can also include the cover of SUP and Coasteering activities at a Surf School.
The updated individual Surfers insurance policy that comes with SGB’s personal membership now also includes personal accident cover as well as 3rd party liability cover for all individual members of Surfing GB, an addition that Surfers have requested for over 20 years.
To take advantage of this incredible offer and reap the benefits of affiliating for 2015 click the link: