2019 Surf City El Salvador
ISA World SUP and Paddleboard Championship
El Sunzal, El Salvador
November 24- December 1
Find the live broadcast, photos, video, event information and more on the official event page.
The schedule is subject to change at any time by the ISA
- October 23
- Deadline for Anti Doping TUE Application Submission (see more under “Anti Doping” below)
- November 15
- Final deadline for ALL payment and registration forms to be submitted. Any athlete not yet registered by that time will not be considered for the competition, regardless of if their travel and accommodation have already been coordinated. As the National Federation, it is your responsibility to coordinate with your team and make sure all deadlines are respected.
- November 21 – 22
- Team Arrival and On-Site Check-In
- November 23
- Team Arrival and On-Site Check-In (closes at 3pm SHARP)
- ALL TEAMS MUST BE CHECKED IN BY 3PM
- Manager’s Meeting – required for 2 people per team
- November 24
- Parade of Nations and Opening Ceremonies
- Sprint Races (SUP Men, SUP Women)
- Location: El Sunzal Beach
- November 25
- Long Distance Races (SUP Men, SUP Women, Paddleboard Men, Paddleboard Women)
- Location: E Sunzal Beach
- November 26
- Technical Race Preliminary Rounds (SUP Men, SUP Women, Paddleboard Men, Paddleboard Women, Junior SUP Boys, Junior SUP Girls)
- Technical Relay Preliminary Rounds
- Technical Relay Finals
- Location: El Sunzal Beach
- November 27
- Technical Race Finals (SUP Men, SUP Women, Paddleboard Men, Paddleboard Women, Junior SUP Boys, Junior Sup Girls)
- Location: El Sunzal Beach
- November 28- December 1
- SUP Surf Contest Days: 4 days allocated to SUP Surfing
- Closing Ceremonies
- Location: El Sunzal Beach
- Time: 20-30 min after last heat
- Men (9), Women(9), Boys (1), Girls (1)
- Alternates, Team Officials and Team Supporters- no limit
Competitors Per Discipline:
- SUP Surfing: Men (2), and Women (2)
- SUP Racing Technical: Men (2), and Women (2)
- SUP Racing Distance: Men (2), and Women (2)
- Junior SUP Racing Technical: Boys (1), and Girls (1)
- SUP Sprint Race: Men (1), and Women (1)
- Paddleboard Racing Technical: Men (1), and Women (1)
- Paddleboard Racing Distance: Men (1), and Women (1)
An athlete must be 18 or under on December 31, 2019 to be considered a Junior
Competitors for Special Event:
- ISA Team Paddle Relay:
- SUP Racing: Men (1), Women (1)
- Paddleboard: Men (1), Women (1)
ALL TEAMS MUST BE APPROVED BY THEIR NATIONAL FEDERATION. Each National Team has their own qualification process. If you are an athlete interested in competing and would like to inquire about qualification process with your respective National Surfing Federation, please visit our Membership Directory for contact information.
NEXT STEPS TO REGISTER YOUR TEAM:
- One representative from each National Team needs to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm interest in participating.
2. Team Roster Confirmation:
- Please have your Team Manager download the Team Roster_2019 WSUPPC spreadsheet, fill it out, and email to Megan Burns (email@example.com).If you do not yet know your athlete/team official names, you can confirm the number of athletes/team officials and update the ISA will the specific names at a later date.
3. Payment (Final Deadline November 15):
- To pay via credit card, CLICK HERE
- If you prefer to pay via wire transfer, please email Megan and request an invoice.
- Price increase dates are found below in “Registration Deadlines”
4. Online Registration Forms (Final Deadline November 15):
- Online registration forms are required by all registering athletes/team officials/ support/family: CLICK HERE
5. On-Site Check-In Appointment:
- Once steps 1-4 are completed, your team can set up an on-site check-in appointment from November 20-22 Each team is required to make a 30 min appointment time.
- All team athletes must be present at time of registration for personal verification of their identity by ISA officials. It is the Team Manager’s responsibility to ensure athletes are present during registration. Please arrange accordingly, since athletes not present will not be registered and will not be allowed participation in the competition.
- USD $250 per entry: deadline November 15
- Nov 15 is the final deadline for ALL payment and registration forms to be submitted. Any athlete not yet registered by that time will not be considered for the competition, regardless of if their travel and accommodation have already been coordinated. As the National Federation, it is your responsibility to coordinate with your team and make sure all deadlines are respected.
- Items to note:
- Registration fees will be charged per division entry
- Alternates must be identified and paid for prior to close of registration to be eligible for participation in the contest.
The benefits of registration include:
- Access to Official ISA Pre and Post Event Communications
- Invitations to Official Event Functions
- Participation in the Parade of Nations and Official Opening Ceremony
- Official Event T-Shirt
- Official gift bag with Rulebook, Event Program, Sticker, Poster, etc.
- Access to Team Tents at Contest Venue
- Water at Contest Venue
The ISA’s policy is to collect registration fees for all those officially associated with each team, as well as those who desire to obtain any of the registration benefits. This includes all coaches, medical staff, translators, media, family members and friends who want VIP credentials.
A nation will not be allowed to compete if it has any outstanding dues payable to the ISA. Contact ISA Finance and Administration Manager, Claudia Alvarez, at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify outstanding account balances.
The Local Organizing Committee (LOC) in El Salvador has organized the document “Preparing my journey to El Salvador” that includes the following:
- visa instructions
- accommodation options
- board transportation information
- discount codes for airlines
- ground transportation
- meal options on site
Para ver este documento en español, haz clic aquí: Preparando mi viaje a El Salvador
For any specific questions that you have regarding your transport or accommodation, please contact Alejandra Durán de Cristales from the LOC:
CLICK HERE to see the course maps.
- SUP Surfing-No weight or length restrictions
- SUP Racing-Technical and Distance: up to 14′ ; no weight restrictions (see explanation below)
- Paddleboard-Technical and Distance: 12′ and Under; no weight restrictions
- All Boards:
- Single hull
- Stationary/non-correctional fins
- Fin box allowed
- Equipment is the responsibility of the teams and will be officially checked at designated times prior to its use in competition.
- Athletes must supply their own equipment.
The ISA strongly recommends that each team procures travel insurance (including, but not limited to accident, liability and medical) for all of their participants. We suggest that team insurance cover accidents or injuries sustained while in El Salvador, including those treated in Denmark or in the country of their return upon leaving El Salvador.
Drug Testing will follow the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) guidelines and will be conducted on or around the final day of each discipline. Typically, all finalists plus three (3) random tests will be conducted.
If an athlete is required to take medication to treat an illness or condition which happens to fall under the Prohibited List, a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) may give that athlete the authorization to take the needed medicine. Please contact the ISA to submit all TUEs at least 30 days prior to the start of the competition.
For more information on the ISA’s Anti-Doping Policy, and to view WADA’s 2019 List of Prohibited Substances, please click here: https://www.isasurf.org/development-programs/anti-doping/
The ISA will ONLY accept a valid passport from the country the athlete is representing as proof of nationality for participation in World Championship events. The only exception is for National Identification cards issued by the National Government of the team country that clearly shows “Nationality or Citizenship.” Note: Such a card showing place of birth but not Nationality or Citizenship of the athlete will not be accepted as place of birth does not provide automatic citizenship in many countries. The ISA will not accept any other form of government documentation supporting a passport or eligibility of passport to verify nationality. This policy will be implemented immediately and has been updated in the ISA rulebook. Once a competitor has competed for a country in any ISA event, he/she generally may not compete for another country at future ISA sanctioned International Events. More information can be found in the ISA Rulebook.
Passports & Visas Please check with your travel agent or your Foreign Affairs Department for requirements. You can also get additional visa information by clicking HERE . Visitors must provide evidence of return or onward travel in the form of an itinerary or air ticket.
Travel Vaccines Please contact your Foreign Affairs Department for further information.