The schedule is subject to change at any time by the ISA
- Online registration forms due by all athletes and team officials. See more details below under “How To Compete”
- Therapeutic Use Exemption Application Forms due to ISA. This is only applicable to athletes who are taking medication that is listed on the 2017 WADA Prohibited Substance List. More information can be found below under “Anti-Doping”
- Registration Prices increase to $250. Any athlete/team that has not yet completed payment will now be charged the increased amount.
Wed., Jan 17
- On-Site Check-In (9am – 5pm)
- Location TBD
Thurs., Jan 18
- On-Site Check-In (closes at 3pm SHARP; last appointment at 2:30pm) – all athletes/teams must be checked in by this time; no exceptions
- Location TBD
- Managers Meeting at 7pm
- Location TBD
Fri., Jan 19
- Parade of Nations and Opening Ceremony
- Time and Location TBD
- Potential Start to Competition: TBD
Sat,, Jan 20 – Thurs., Jan 25
Open Men: 2
Open Women: 2
Team Officials/Supporters/Alternates: No Limit
AN ATHLETE IS NOT GUARANTEED A SPACE IN THE EVENT WITHOUT REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT. See more details below.
- Approval from National Surfing Federation: If you are an athlete wishing to represent your country, you must contact your National Surfing Federation to inquire about the qualification process and how to be selected. If you need assistance getting in touch with your respective National Federation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Team Roster Confirmation: Once your team is confirmed, please email me (email@example.com) your team roster including the names and emails of all athletes and team officials that are attending.
- Payment: The link to pay via credit card can be found here: http://www.isasurf.org/product/event-registration-payment/
- If you prefer to pay via wire transfer, please contact Megan Burns firstname.lastname@example.org to request an invoice
- Online Registration Paperwork: ALL registered attendees (both athletes and coaches) must fill out their required registration paperwork no later than Friday, December 15 through the following link: http://www.isasurf.org/athlete_registration/
- On-Site Registration: Once your team has completed the above steps, your team will need to sign up for a 30 min on-site check-in appointment during the following possibilities. Appointments are made on a first-come-first-serve basis with priority going to teams that have completed payment and paperwork:
- Jan 17 : 9am-5pm or
- Jan 18 : 9am-3pm (last appointment is at 2:30).
ATHLETE ATTENDANCE AT REGISTRATION All team athletes must be present at time of registration for personal verification of their identity by ISA officials. It is the Team Manager’s responsibility to ensure athletes are present during registration. Please arrange accordingly, since athletes not present will not be registered and will not be allowed participation in the competition.
Please CLICK HERE to follow the detailed instructions on applying for your Chinese Visa.
If you require an invitation letter, please CLICK HERE and fill out your team members’ names accordingly. Each athlete/team official must have their own invitation letter (do not write all names on one letter).
You will contact the following for assistance with your visas:
Sam Lin: email@example.com
Tel: +86 (0) 898 6520 2296
Mobile: +86 15289893669
Please note, all invitation letter requests must be submitted to Sam no later than December 15.
Our Local Event Hosts have compiled an Athlete Guide that contains discounted accommodation options, rental car packages, and visa invitation letter templates. Please CLICK HERE to view.
To book, contact Sam Lin from the Local Organizing Committee
- Sam Lin: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +86 (0) 898 6520 2296
- Mobile: +86 15289893669
ALL TEAMS MUST BE APPROVED BY THEIR NATIONAL FEDERATION. Each National Team has their own qualification process. If you are an athlete interested in competing and would like to inquire about qualification process with your respective National Surfing Federation, please visit our Membership Directory for contact information.
Representation The ISA will ONLY accept a valid passport from the country the athlete is representing as proof of nationality for participation in World Championship events. The only exception is for National Identification cards issued by the National Government of the team country that clearly shows “Nationality or Citizenship.” Note: Such a card showing place of birth but not Nationality or Citizenship of the athlete will not be accepted as place of birth does not provide automatic citizenship in many countries. The ISA will not accept any other form of government documentation supporting a passport or eligibility of passport to verify nationality. This policy will be implemented immediately and has been updated in the ISA rulebook. Once a competitor has surfed for a country in any ISA event, he/she generally may not surf for another country at future ISA sanctioned International Events.
For more information regarding National Representation, please consult our rulebook here: ISA Rulebook
Passports & Visas Please check with your travel agent or your Foreign Affairs Department for requirements. You can also get additional visa information by clicking HERE . Visitors must provide evidence of return or onward travel in the form of an itinerary or air ticket.
Travel Vaccines Please contact your Foreign Affairs Department for further information.
Travel Insurance The ISA strongly recommends that each team procures travel insurance (including, but not limited to accident, liability and medical) for all of their participants. We suggest that team insurance cover accidents or injuries sustained while in China, including those treated in China or in the country of their return upon leaving China.
CLICK HERE to view the ISA Rulebook
- Drug Testing will follow the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) guidelines and will be conducted on or around the final day of competition.
- All finalists and three randoms will be tested throughout the event
- Prescription, non-prescription or even herbal remedies may be on the WADA Prohibited Substance List. If you want to see if your medication is prohibited, please reference this list here: http://www.globaldro.com/Home
- If your medication is listed as a banned substance, you must apply for a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) form to request permission for the use of the prohibited substance. TUEs must be submitted to the ISA 30 days prior to the start of competition (December 19)
- Contact Megan Burns (email@example.com) to request a TUE form application.
- For more information on the ISA’s Anti-Doping Policy, and to view WADA’s 2017 List of Prohibited Substances, please click here: http://www.isasurf.org/development-programs/anti-doping/