Disculpa, pero esta entrada está disponible sólo en English.
PARTICIPATING VS. NON-PARTICIPATING MEMBERSHIP STATUS
A new member shall elect to begin its ISA membership as a Participating or Non-Participating Member. If choosing to begin membership as a Non-Participating Member, a member may remain this way as long as it so desires, but cannot go back to being a Non-Participating Member once having been upgraded to the Participating Member status. Once an ISA member elects to be a Participating Member, its membership remains as is.
1. Definition of a Participating Member: A Participating Member will have the opportunity to participate in any ISA event, be listed as the ISA member for its country, be included in all ISA communications and have access to ISA programs.
The Participating Member annual fee is $500 (USD) or $1000 (USD) dependent upon its ranking in the ISA World Surfing Games from the prior year. Participating Members ranked #17 and below in previous World Surfing Games pay the annual fee of $500 (USD), as do Participating Members who have not participated in the ISA World Surfing Games.
2. Definition of a Non-Participating Member: A Non-Participating Member will be listed as the ISA member for its country, be included in all ISA communications, and have access to ISA programs. Non-Participating Membership status does not grant the ISA member the right to participate in any ISA Event.
The Non-Participating Member fee is $50 (USD) per year.
1. Applying Member: An Applying Member may have the right to participate in ISA events, receive ISA communications, have access to ISA programs, and may attend ISA meetings but shall not have the right to vote. An ISA Member will remain as such until all requirements of a Provisional Member are met. If all requirements have been completed and submitted to the ISA 60 days prior to an ISA Biennial General Meeting (BGM-held on even years at a ISA WSG), the Applying Member may be included in the meeting's agenda for vote to upgrade to Provisional Member status.
2. Provisional Member: An approved Provisional Member may have the right to vote at ISA meetings, may participate in ISA events, receive ISA communications and have access to ISA programs. An ISA Provisional Member will remain as such until all requirements of a Full Member are met. If all requirements have been completed and submitted to the ISA 60 days prior to an ISA BGM, the Provisional Member may be included in the meeting's agenda for vote to upgrade to Full Member status.
3. Full Member: Once voted at an ISA BGM, a Full Member receives full recognition by the ISA. A Full Member shall continue to pay its annual fees, submit yearly activity reports, maintain communication with the ISA and abide by the ISA Constitution and Rulebook in order to maintain its status.
1. Associate Member: The ISA shall provide Associate Membership to national organizations seeking membership from the ISA for territories without representation of a National Olympic Committee (NOC); so long as the territory has national teams participating in other IOC recognized International Federation events. An Associate Member qualifies for Applying, Provisional and Full Membership status under the same application requirements as an ISA Member as per the ISA Constitution. Hence, it will be listed as the ISA member for its territory, have the right to participate in ISA events, be included in all ISA communications, have access to ISA programs but it may not vote on ISA matters at ISA Annual General Meetings (AGM) or BGMs.
2. ISA Recognized Organization: The ISA provides membership opportunities to an Organization seeking affiliation from the ISA. The Organization qualifies for Applying, Provisional and Full Membership status under the same requirements as an ISA Member. An ISA Recognized Organization has the right to publicize its status and has access to ISA communications and programs. An ISA Recognized Organization may or may not have voting rights as per the ISA Rulebook and may not compete in ISA events. Please contact ISA Headquarters for details regarding membership fee requirements.
International Surfing Association
5580 La Jolla Blvd. #145
La Jolla, California 92037 USA
Tel: +1 858-551-8580
Fax: +1 858-551-8563
E-mail: [email protected]