ISA Membership is for new or existing organizations that are aiming to grow and develop the sport of surfing within their country.
Membership to the ISA, the World Governing Authority for the sport of Surfing and all wave riding activities as recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), adds essential value to surfing within your country, your association, and its events and activities.
As an ISA member, and official National Governing Body for the sport of surfing, you will play a role in the development and growth of surfing worldwide.
The ISA encourages new, developing and existing organizations to apply for ISA recognition in order to bring the sport of surfing and its disciplines to a higher level.
THERE ARE MANY BENEFITS OF BECOMING AN ISA MEMBER NATION AND NATIONAL GOVERNING BODY, INCLUDING:
- Involvement in the surfing world at the international level.
- Recognition by the ISA as the only National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of surfing in your country.
- Inclusion in the movement to make Surfing an Olympic sport.
- Eligibility to participate in World-Class competitions.
- Global Visibility as a leader in the surf world making it easier to obtain funds and sponsors as well government support.
- Pathways for your athletes to be recognized and to excel on a global scale.
- Opportunity to host internationally visible events and potential to drive tourism to your country.
- Enhanced performance in both event judging and coaching.
- A voice in the future of surfing.