- February 26
- Registration Open
- See below under “How To Register” for more information
- April 26
- Registration Prices increase from $250 to $300 per registration
- Deadline for TUE Submission (See more under Anti-Doping below)
- May 15
- Final deadline for ALL payment and registration forms to be submitted. Any athlete not yet registered by that time will not be considered for the competition, regardless of if their travel and accommodation have already been coordinated.
- May 23-24
- Team Arrival and On-Site Check-In
- May 25
- Team Arrival and On-Site Check-In (closes at 3pm SHARP)
- ALL TEAMS MUST BE CHECKED IN BY 3PM
- Manager’s Meeting
The schedule is subject to change at any time by the ISA
Open Men: 2
Open Women: 2
Team Officials/Supporters/Alternates: No Limit
- One representative from each National Team needs to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm interest in participating.
2. Team Roster Confirmation:
- Please have your Team Manager download the WLSC Team Roster Spreadsheet, fill it out, and email to Megan Burns (email@example.com).If you do not yet know your athlete/team official names, you can confirm the number of athletes/team officials and update the ISA will the specific names at a later date.
- To pay via credit card, CLICK HERE
- If you prefer to pay via wire transfer, please email Megan and request an invoice.
- Price increase dates are found below in “Registration Deadlines”
4. Online Registration Forms:
- Online registration forms are required by all registering athletes/team officials/ support/family: CLICK HERE
5. On-Site Check-In Appointment:
- Once steps 1-4 are completed, your team can set up an on-site check-in appointment from Mar 23-25. Each team is required to make a 30 min appointment time.
- All team athletes must be present at time of registration for personal verification of their identity by ISA officials. It is the Team Manager’s responsibility to ensure athletes are present during registration. Please arrange accordingly, since athletes not present will not be registered and will not be allowed participation in the competition.
CLICK HERE to view the discounted accommodation/transportations that are being provided by the Local Organizing Committee.
Each National Team is responsible for booking their own accommodation and transportation. Contact details can be found in the package above.
ALL TEAMS MUST BE APPROVED BY THEIR NATIONAL FEDERATION. Each National Team has their own qualification process. If you are an athlete interested in competing and would like to inquire about qualification process with your respective National Surfing Federation, please visit our Membership Directory for contact information.
The ISA will ONLY accept a valid passport from the country the athlete is representing as proof of nationality for participation in World Championship events. The only exception is for National Identification cards issued by the National Government of the team country that clearly shows “Nationality or Citizenship.” Note: Such a card showing place of birth but not Nationality or Citizenship of the athlete will not be accepted as place of birth does not provide automatic citizenship in many countries. The ISA will not accept any other form of government documentation supporting a passport or eligibility of passport to verify nationality. This policy will be implemented immediately and has been updated in the ISA rulebook. Once a competitor has surfed for a country in any ISA event, he/she generally may not surf for another country at future ISA sanctioned International Events. For more information regarding National Representation, please consult our rulebook here: ISA Rulebook
The 2019 ISA World Longboard Surfing Championship is a Qualifying Event for both the Pan American Surfing Games Lima 2019 and the 2019 ANOC World Beach Games. Therefore, surfers may only represent an ISA Member from territories with representation of a National Olympic Committee (NOC). ISA Member Federations without NOC representation will not be allowed to participate at this event.
For more information regarding the qualification process, please click the links below:
Passports & Visas Please check with your travel agent or your Foreign Affairs Department for requirements. You can also get additional visa information by clicking HERE . Visitors must provide evidence of return or onward travel in the form of an itinerary or air ticket.
Travel Vaccines Please contact your Foreign Affairs Department for further information.
Travel Insurance The ISA strongly recommends that each team procures travel insurance (including, but not limited to accident, liability and medical) for all of their participants. We suggest that team insurance cover accidents or injuries sustained while in France, including those treated in China or in the country of their return upon leaving France.
The ISA Rulebook can be found by clicking here: ISA RULEBOOK
- Drug Testing will follow the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) guidelines and will be conducted on or around the final day of competition.
- All finalists and three randoms will be tested throughout the event
- Prescription, non-prescription or even herbal remedies may be on the WADA Prohibited Substance List. If you want to see if your medication is prohibited, please reference this list here: http://www.globaldro.com/Home
- If your medication is listed as a banned substance, you must apply for a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) form to request permission for the use of the prohibited substance. TUEs must be submitted to the ISA 30 days prior to the start of competition (April 26)
- Contact Megan Burns (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a TUE form application.
- For more information on the ISA’s Anti-Doping Policy, and to view WADA’s 2019 List of Prohibited Substances, please click here: http://www.isasurf.org/development-programs/anti-doping/
- USD $250 per entry: February 26 – April 25
- USD $300 per entry: April 26 – May 15
- May 15 is the final deadline for ALL payment and registration forms to be submitted. Any athlete not yet registered by that time will not be considered for the competition, regardless of if their travel and accommodation have already been coordinated. As the National Federation, it is your responsibility to coordinate with your team and make sure all deadlines are respected.
- Items to note:
- Registration fees will be charged per division entry
- Alternates must be identified and paid for prior to close of registration to be eligible for participation in the contest.
The benefits of registration include:
- Access to Official ISA Pre and Post Event Communications
- Invitations to Official Event Functions
- Participation in the Parade of Nations and Official Opening Ceremony
- Official Event T-Shirt
- Official gift bag with Rulebook, Event Program, Sticker, Poster, etc.
- Access to Team Tents at Contest Venue
- Water at Contest Venue
The ISA’s policy is to collect registration fees for all those officially associated with each team, as well as those who desire to obtain any of the registration benefits. This includes all coaches, medical staff, translators, media, family members and friends who want VIP credentials.
A nation will not be allowed to compete if it has any outstanding dues payable to the ISA. Contact ISA Finance and Administration Manager, Claudia Alvarez, at email@example.com to verify outstanding account balances.