Here’s where you tell people about the scholarship, who it’s for and why they want it.
ITEMS NEEDED TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
1. An essay on “Why I Deserve an ISA Scholarship” (maximum 500 words) that includes the following information:
- When you started surfing and why?
- What you would like to do when you grow up?
- How are most of your days spent: family activities, programs, work, homework etc.
2. Letters of recommendation
- To be written by NGB President/CEO, or President/CEO of local surfing organization if applicant does not belong to an ISA NGB.
- To be written by a teacher or coach
- Should state why applicant is an ideal candidate for an ISA Individual Surf Scholarship
3. Report card or academic record of last two years in school
4. Statement of Family Income to demonstrate financial need for scholarship
5. Submit a budget plan, with dollar amounts listed, of how applicant wishes to use the scholarship money
6. Sign the oath stating that applicant will remain a student if chosen to receive a scholarship
7. Sign the oath stating that applicant will submit a mid-year report and end-of-year report on how the scholarship money was spent
8. Submit 4 photos
- One of you surfing
- One of you at school
- One headshot
- One of you with your family at home