International Surfschool Register members are listed here as evidence of their commitment to the program. Enroll now in a surfschool with established ISA credentials, international standards of “best practice” and excellence.
The ISA would like to offer you the benefits of belonging to the largest world-wide program of ISA recognized surf schools. A sure sign of respect and prestige for the leading surf schools around the world.
Members of the ISA International Surfschool Register will have agreed to:
- Follow a designated operational plan for safety during lessons
- Establish emergency plans for each class location
- Lodge completed “Coach Code of Conduct” forms for each employed coach
- Include designated lesson content in their learner classes
- Lodge designated surfschool accident reports with the ISA.
- To only employ accredited coaches [subject to a provisional term].
- Providing minimum equipment levels for classes
- Maintains signed Instructor “code of conduct” documentation.
NOTICE TO ALL PARTIES:
The ISA Surfschool Register does not purport to provide any statutory rights to conduct a business as prescribed by the laws of the country where the registered surfschool operates, including but not limited to authorization by public authorities and the National Governing Body for the sport of surfing in such country.
The inclusion of the school in the ISA Surfschool Register, simply confirms that such surfschool owner / manager has signed an affidavit confirming its compliance with the ISA Surfschool Register requirements, including certain minimum safety standards set out by the ISA, as per below.
The ISA in no way, endoreses any of the practices of the surfschools, nor is to be held responsible for actions or omissions of these registered surfschools, and the consequences of such actions towards any third parties.
For the complete undertakings of an ISA registered surfschool, please refer to the Obligations of an ISA-registered Surfschool (Downloadable PDF).